Thursday, September 5, 2013

Our Main Goal......

Elder M. Russell Ballard teaches that "Our main goal should be to seek immortality and eternal life."  He then shares things that are needful as part of that pursuit when he says "With this as our goal, why not eliminate from our lives the things that clamor for and consume our thoughts, feelings, and energies without contributing to our reaching that goal?"

Establish Priorities to attain proper balance
In our quest for balance we might do well to consider the following eight suggestions as well as elimination of things that keep us from that goal.  
1.  Establish Priorities
2.  Set Attainable Goals
3.  Budget Wisely
4.  Build Relationships
5.  Study the Scriptures
6.  Take Care of Yourself
7.  Live the Gospel
8.  Pray Often

Elder Ballard Continues:
"Often the lack of clear direction and goals can waste our time and energy and contribute to imbalance in our lives. A life that gets out of balance is much like a car tire that is out of balance. It will make the operation of the car rough and unsafe. Tires in perfect balance can give a smooth and comfortable ride. So it is with life. The ride through mortality can be smoother for us when we strive to stay in balance." 

Finding Balance Brings Peace and Light

In my continual quest to stay in balance, I can attest to the truth of these principles.  When I keep myself spiritually in-tune - all other things seem to fall into or out of place.  I have more peace in my heart and more clear direction as to where I should go and what I should be doing.

I'm grateful for true principles that help me along this mortal journey.  I know that they are set-in-place by a loving Father who sees and knows all and has provided the tools to help me as I learn and progress and overcome all things.


2 comments:

  1. I needed to read this one. I am having a struggle with balancing my life. I would think that at my age it wouldn't be such a struggle. I have good goals but let time get a way from me. This has been a good reminder.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LeAnn,
    I appreciated Elder Ballard's words as well. I think it's a continual quest to find and keep balance and...just when we have 'arrived' - something else may pop up and...we need to be reminded of the basics again. :) I did. That's why it was an applicable post for me as well. :)
    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.